Tatera’s Talk Reflection
Valaria Tatera is an amazing artist. Her artworks are filled with meanings and lessons about what had happened to indigenous people in the past and unfortunately are still happening. The fact that some of her artworks are abstract such as her red ribbons artwork but still manage to convey such a wonderful and strong message amazes me. Out of all the artworks that she presented that day, I think the red ribbons stood out most to me as an artist. Personally, it was the simplest one out of her artworks that day. Why did it strike me? Because through those red ribbons, you can see that somewhere out there, people are being mistreated because of their race. through those red ribbons, I felt like our world is brutal and is filled with inequality. When she shared her story, I already knew that her artworks are going to be inspired by her experiences. Through those red ribbons she made, you can tell that she wanted to have justice not just for herself but for the whole indigenous community. Wh...
I really like the sound you made! Great work!
ReplyDelete