Point, Line, and Plane
Baybayin "Spell" For this project, I decided to write in Baybayin which translates to "Spell" in English. Baybayin is the native alphabet/letters that were used years ago in the Philippines. A lot of people do not know about the Baybayin alphabets including the Millenials in the Philippines. These alphabets are not used anymore or taught in schools there which is too bad considering its part of who we are as Filipinos. It truly makes me unhappy that this unique and beautiful alphabet disappeared. Even our language which is "Tagalog" is slowly vanishing since most people who live there now choose to speak in English over their own language. They even made English the official language of the Philippines. Anyhow, I thought I'd write a couple words in Baybayin for this project. In the reading, Lupton stated that using point, line, and plane forms a texture, patterns, diagrams, and so on (Lupton 32). The art I made (yes, I consider Baybayin as art) mo...
I really like the sound you made! Great work!
ReplyDelete