Diagram

I’m going, to be honest, I had a hard time coming up with ideas for this week's topic. However, when Lupton stated “...diagrams often function to illuminate and explain complex ideas” (215), I realized that this topic is the most relatable to me especially with this pandemic going on. Disclaimer, I do not mean to be insensitive about other people’s opinions on the current pandemic. My idea for this topic is to show how I thought this pandemic affected me vs how it’s actually affecting me. How Covid affected me is a difficult subject to talk about as I tend to be biased by coming up with “it’s making my life miserable”. Creating a diagram or mapping on how it personally affected me makes it so much easier to see and understand without being biased. 

The arrow pointing to the right represents how I thought COVID affected me. When I said I am biased about this subject I meant it. The diagram above evidently shows how it affected me negatively. From COVID resulting to quarantine from quarantine resulting in so much more negative events. However, if you observe the arrow pointing to the left, everything results in something positive. It took time for me to realize that this pandemic doesn’t only bring negative events I just need to look deeper and see what more there is behind this pandemic and that is why I titled this diagram “Nothing is what it seems”. In terms of how I designed the whole diagram, I thought this diagram can either be a decentralized network or a centralized network. Since Covid resulted in quarantine to resulting in more negative events this can be treated as decentralized assuming not all events are due to COVID. On the other hand, if I assume or accept that all of those events are due to the pandemic then it can be seen as a centralized network which means “all the power issues are from a common point” in this matter the point is the virus (Lupton 216).

 


Media Link

Excerpts: Lupton “Graphic Design: The New Basics” 2015

Comments

  1. Wow! I really like your diagram to describe how the COVID-19 affected you! Actually, I also felt that this topic is a bit difficult for me to figure out what to write. And I think that I maybe off topic. But you did pretty well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your diagram is really informative and attractive. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little drawings you included, they really make the diagram aesthetically pleasing to look at! This reminds me of the "Draw My Life" videos that were really popular on Youtube a few years ago. It's great you are able to recognize the positives of the situation too because so many people are too focused on only the negatives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like what you did here! It really reminds me of Basquait and I like how you created your own take of it! Great job using this weeks principles I think you nailed it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Time and Motion

Tatera’s Talk Reflection