MY WORLD & WHO AM I

 

                                              My home

Hi there! My name is Lisalyn but I go by LJ. I was born in the Philippines but I moved to United States in 2013. Though I been living here for almost 9 years now, I still consider Philippines as my home even though I have not visited there for 9 years. It was a big transition for me coming here in United States and believe me it was not easy. Don’t get me wrong, I could not complain to the life I was given here. Some, might even say I am living the “American dream”. Moving here made my little world bigger. It gave me opportunities and privileges that I did not have back home. My world is filled with experiences and though half of those experiences are not necessarily pleasing, I will always hold on to them. Those experiences helped me become who I am today, thought me valuable lessons in life, and resulted to me filling my world with gratitude. What does my world look like? Well, my world is as simple as it can be. It’s filled with music since I love to listen to music and love to play instruments such as piano, guitar, drums, and Ukulele. it’s filled with movements as I love to dance in any type of tunes. My dog, Squeaky is my world. Beside all those, the most important part of my word is art. 

                                                  MY PASSION

                                                        MY WORLD

Art helped me cope and comforted me when I was at my lowest point in my life. For some reason, Art enlighten me and motivates me to keep going in life even though it’s rough sometimes. I related so much when McLuhan said “We have  now become aware of the possibility of arranging the entire human environment as a work of art, as a teaching machine designed to maximize perception and to make everyday learning a process of discovery” Everyday, art helps me discover something new about myself. Overtime I have learned to make home a place of sanctuary and safety. Though “home” means different things for different people, I hope to create that sense with my viewers. 

Comments

  1. My cat Bobo and music is my world. They taught me how to get along with other creatures and how to get along with myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love music! And I think I will feel more happiness if I have a pet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved your blog post, it's beautifully arranged and has a wonderful message. It's full of personality, which made it interesting to read! I also love seeing people's pets, your dog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Time and Motion

Diagram

Color